#GivingTuesday is finally here and we are so excited to get a head start on fundraising for our 2017 kids programming.
We’ve already told you a little bit about the work that we do here and why our kids programming is so important to us.
We also already told you our 10 favorite things that happened in the park during the summer of 2016.
Now it’s time to tell you how you can make a donation to help us continue this work. Still need a little convincing?
Here are the Top 5 reasons to give:
1. Your donation helps us curate free public programs that help us directly engage with our diverse community within your parks.
2. Your donation helps lower summer learning loss by offering access to books for children from lower socio-economic backgrounds. Two-thirds of America’s children living in poverty have no books at home, and these programs impact them directly.
3. Your donation helps to inspire a love of books, reading, and writing as well as serve as a bridge to encourage access to resources such as the Providence Public Library, the Providence Children’s Museum and local arts organizations.
4. Your donation lets us provide an outlet for local authors, artists and storytellers to connect directly with kids in their community.
5. Your donation helps to revitalize Burnside Park and Greater Kennedy Plaza by transforming it into a lively public space where all feel welcome and safe.
You can make your tax-deductible donation of any amount quickly and securely today.
Thanks so much for supporting the work we do here at the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy. See you in the park!