#GivingTuesday is just one week away and this year we’re using it to kick off fundraising for our 2017 free kids programming. Each summer in Burnside Park the Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy programs free activities in the park for kids and families. Partnering with KidoInfo, we have fun getting to know our community and bringing the joy of music, books, science and imagination to your park.
What were some of the highlights from 2016? Almost too many to name, but here are our top 10!
1. Had an intergalactic dance party at Storytime with local art group, Big Nazo.
2. Helped local pre-schoolers find their super power on Cape Day.
3. Got kids creatively building at the special kid-designed Lego table.
4. Presented 2 different live music events for kids, including one by local musician Keith Munslow.
5. Had a world premiere reading of The Infamous Ratso by local author Kara LaReau at Storytime.
6. Experimented with fun science at Play in the Park each week with Miss Katie.
7. Expanded our open air library with new book donations from supporters like you.
8. Brought books to life for kids by making art together with local artist Ricky Katowicz.
9. Provided an outlet for 10 local authors, illustrators and storytellers, such as Len Cabral, to connect with the community.
10. Reached over 5000 kids from around the city to help fight summer learning loss.
If you believe in the work we do and want us to get a head start on planning our 2017 free kids programming, please consider making your donation today!