Staff from local business EMoney Advisors, a 2017 Burnside Music Series sponsor
The Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy is a nonprofit, public-private partnership working to transform Greater Kennedy Plaza into a vibrant and active destination, and your business can be a part of this important work.
If you believe, like we do, that it’s important to maintain our public parks as safe, recreational spaces for all, we invite you to become an event sponsor and invest in the work we’re doing to revitalize Downtown Providence.
Each year, DPPC brings Burnside Park alive with an eclectic mix of regional, national and international artists. Our aim is to expose our diverse audiences to a wide range of art, culture and food through high quality programming.
In 2017, together with the financial support of our sponsors,
- We provided over 5,700 kids and parents with arts and cultural programming through our family programs such as Storytime + Art in the Park.
- We hosted the 9 week Burnside Music Series + Beer Garden, attended by more than 1,800 neighbors and music lovers.
- We worked with 265 volunteers to plant 275 new shrubs and flowers in Burnside and Biltmore Parks on our special Volunteer Days.
- We coordinated a diverse range of food options at our midweek Food Truck Market.
- We provided access to local healthy food at our Downtown Farmer’s Market.
- We opened Brandon’s Beach at Burnside Park, Downtown’s very first playground.
- We upgraded our Imagination Center and hosted daylong residency programs with Festival Ballet Providence and the Providence Children’s Film Festival.