This summer we had another successful year of programming in Burnside Park. Thank you to everyone who came out and spent time with us at one of our free programs, or just spent time in the park. What was our favorite moment? It was too hard to pick just one, so we picked 10!
- Noon Tunes was back this fall thanks to our series sponsor, The Dean Hotel.
- Together with our partner KidoInfo, Spooky Storytime + Haunted Art in the Park was back in Burnside Park with super great costumes such as Wall-E, Ruth Bader Ginsberg and magical unicorns.
- Farm Fresh Rhode Island brought their downtown farmer’s market back to Washington Street each week with delicious fresh produce.
- Festival Ballet Providence performed an excerpt from Swan Lake and kids got a chance to learn some moves from real ballerinas.
- 10 different performances took place on the Burnside Music Series stage. Trinity Brewhouse once again served delicious local beers and sponsors from around the city helped to make our Burnside Music Series + Beer Garden a reality.
- We teamed up with the Providence Children’s Film Festival for a stop motion animation workshop where we created this original short movie.
- Thanks to a generous donation from the Hasbro Children’s Fund our new Games Cart made it debut in the park this summer.
- Big Nazo brought the funk over from Westminster Street to Burnside Park and had kids and caregivers up and dancing with giant squids, lobsters and monsters.
- We connected with groups in our community such as the Downtown Neighborhood Association for several volunteer events to help beautify the park and inspire citizen stewardship of our shared public spaces.
- With the generosity of donations from The Goldner’s and their family and friends, we opened Brandon’s Beach at Burnside Park, the first playground in Downtown Providence. After only a few months it is already an anchor in the community, and visited by residents and visitors alike.
If you’d like to see this type of free programming continue in Downtown Providence, consider making a tax-deductible donation. Your generosity helps us reach hundreds of Providence residents and visitors, and helps us continue to grow year after year.
Did you join us in this summer in Burnside or Biltmore Park? What was your favorite part?